Dan bases his philosophy on the sound principles of physics and muscular/skeletal range of motion. His methodology emphasizes the path of club and clubface movement from start to finish of the golf motion, as well as on being orthodox/conforming in motion. Dan has also conducted extensive research work with Mike Torrey of the Steadman Hawkins Biomechanics Lab in Vail, Colorado.
Dan’s coaching career began in Orlando Florida in 1992 at the Mike Bender Golf Academy, where he spent two years developing junior talent while also teaching Academy members.
In 1994, Dan took his passion for coaching/teaching to Europe, where he lived in the Netherlands for five years while coaching players on the European, Challenge and Dutch tours. During his tenure in Europe, Dan competed on the NPGA Tour as well as opened and developed one of the most recognizable academies in the country. While living in the Netherlands, Dan continued to study the MEGSA philosophy. In 1997, Dan received one of the few MEGSA certifications from Mike Bender.
Upon his return to the U.S. in 1999, Dan reunited with Mike Bender and shortly thereafter was asked to run the World Golf Village Golf Academy for Mike in St. Augustine, Florida. In 2000, Dan initiated his own golf instructional program at Royal Amelia Golf Club on Amelia Island, Florida, where he coached some of the top Junior and Amateur talent on the East Coast. During his three years at Royal Amelia, Dan’s coaching and leadership was instrumental in helping two of his students win the U.S. Amateur and NCAA Individual championships.
In 2002, Dan was hired by Whisper Rock Golf Club in Scottsdale, Arizona to start up a complete instructional program. Whisper Rock, one of the top private clubs in the country is home to over twenty touring professionals. After spending four years at Whisper Rock, Dan turned his attention to starting his own instructional program once again in Phoenix, Arizona, while instructing at Eagle Springs Golf Club in Wolcott, Colorado (Vail Valley) in the summer months.
In 2007, Dan opened the Dan Campbell Golf Academy at Tatum Ranch Golf Club in Cave Creek, Arizona. Dan instructs at Tatum Ranch from November through May, and travels in the summer months to work with clients around the U.S. Dan also travels extensively with his players on the PGA, Web.com and Canadian tours.
Some of Dan’s accomplishments include:
- Coach to 2014 PGA Tour Winner Kevin Stadler
- Current coach/instructor to several PGA, Web.com and Canadian Tour professionals
- Coach 2001 NCAA Individual Champion
- Coached 2001 U.S. Amateur & Western Amateur Champions
- Coach six of the 2000 U.S. Amateur contestants
- Author of several Golf Digest articles
- Appearances on Golf Academy Live (Golf Channel) in 2002 and 2004
- M.E.G.S.A. (Most Efficient Golf Swing Attainable) Certified Instructor
- Qualified for Netherlands PGA Tour 1994, 1995 and 1996
- Qualified for Benalux Region Challenge Tour events 1995 and 1996
- Qualified for the Florida Open 1993
Conducted golf seminars for Netherlands P .G.A.
Dan’s Current and Past Touring Professionals include:
PGA Tour (U.S. and Europe)
- Jeremy Anderson
- Aaron Baddeley
- Bobby Gage
- Nathan Green
- Mark Hensby
- Parker McLaughlin
- Garrett Morrison
- Geoff Ogilvy
- Dave Odom
- Vijay Singh
- Joey Snyder
- Kevin Stadler
- Tommy Tolles
Chris V an de V elde (Europe)
- Dave Cunningham
- Todd Dempsey
- Brett Guetz
- Brian Guetz
- Scott Harrington
- Doug Labell
Amateurs and NCAA Players
- Four of the top 50 nationally ranked amateurs
- Six NCAA All Americans
- Ben “Bubba” Dickerson – 2001 U.S. Amateur Champion and Western Amateur Champion
- Nick Gilliam – 2001 NCAA Individual Champion
- Buddy Alexander – 1987 U.S. Amateur Champion and current Univ. of Florida Coach