I moved to Arizona from the Midwest in 2004 to play professional golf. I worked with Dan Campbell on my game and competed on the Gateway Tour, Hooters Tour, Canadian Tour, and played in the PGA Tour Qualifying School three times. My coaching career began in 2008, shortly after I finished playing professional golf, when Dan Campbell approached me about joining the teaching staff at the Dan Campbell Golf Academy at Tatum Ranch Golf Club in Phoenix.
Early in my coaching career, I discovered a passion for developing junior talent. Implementing programs and learning opportunities for these juniors will provide them with the benefit of training at what I believe will be the best junior academy in Arizona. I believe in creating a golf swing that will be repeatable and sustainable for the duration of all my students’ playing careers. Based on physics in motion and body flexibility, my goal is to arm my students with the knowledge and fundamentals to help them achieve all of their golf goals.
In November 2009, I launched the first DCGA Junior Elite Program (JEP). The Junior Elite Program is a year-round comprehensive learning program that encompasses all areas of the game. The Dan Campbell Junior Golf Academy now is comprised of three levels of year round programming. The Junior Elite Program (JEP), Junior Elite Preparation Program (PREP), and the Future Elite Program (FEP)
Major coaching accomplishments include:
- Coached 2014 PGA Tour Winner Kevin Stadler
- Coach to the 2018 Women’s Division III National Champion Margaret Loncki
- Current Associate Coach to several Web.com and Canadian Tour Professionals
- Coached at the United States Golf Association’s Junior Girls Amateur and the Callaway Junior World in 2011
- Coach of the 2015 Arizona High School Girls State Champion
- Juniors have amassed over 150 wins on either Local or National Tour event
- 8 players have qualified for the US Kids World Championships in Pinehurst, NC.
- Graduated 10 players through Junior Academy and have earned college golf scholarships which total $825,000 collectively
To Contact Darren: Click Here! or call 630-624-1419