Junior Elite Preperation Program
The Junior Elite Preparation Program (PREP) is a year-round comprehensive training program geared toward junior golfers who aspire to play on their high school golf teams and also prepares them to be members of the JEP when they progress with their skills and experience.
In order for a junior golfer to be considered for the PREP, they must meet the following requirements:
- Have played golf at a recreational level;
- Be at a maturity level to handle the time commitment and expectations of the PREP, as evaluated by DCGA instructors;
- Carry at least a 3.0 GPA or above for junior high and high school students;
- Have a basic knowledge of golf etiquette, rules, and pace of play; and
- Have golf clubs.
As a member of the PREP, each player will learn the following values and techniques:
- First and foremost, players will learn the meaning of hard work, dedication and commitment. Without those three things, a PREP member will not succeed.
- Time management—The PREP will consume 2-4 hours per week of each student’s time. Players will learn how to fit practice time into their schedules as they head into high school.
- Golf motions mechanics—PREP members will begin to understand their golf swing, short game and putting stroke to a higher level than an FEP member.
- Competition—Because PREP members will be competing with their peers on a daily basis, they will be introduced to a competitive atmosphere.
- Camaraderie—Members of the PREP will learn to care for others all while working as hard as they can to succeed themselves.
- School comes first—Without high-achieving grades and attitude, golf becomes a distant second.
Benefits—The benefits are as follows:
- More than 90 hours of instruction with DCGA instructors.
- Personalized fitness programs for each student.
- Eight skills challenges with awards for the top performers.
- Competitive group rounds throughout the year.
- Discounts on all Cleveland/Srixon equipment and accessories including clubs, balls and gloves;
- Free Cleveland golf bag.
- Unlimited video review via smartphone or tablet.
- Access to and use of high tech training aids and electronics;
- DCGA clothing and equipment;
- Lesson material recorded straight to player’s smartphone or tablet.